Dear Kings and Queens,
Welcome to the new website! Well done for making it this far-now just the last hurdle to cross, reading some valuable tips before filling in our entry form, and then you are ready to go.
The details of the Parkdean Resorts King and Queen of the Beach competition 2018 are as follows:
Date: Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June 2018
Location: Croyde Beach
Hosts: Academy of Beach Sports
The King and Queen of the Beach competition is held on the Saturday and there is a pairs competition held on the Sunday (only the top four from division one are still playing for their title on Sunday).
Entry for the Saturday gets you free entry for the Sunday, if you wish. If you already have a partner for the Sunday, then great-stick it in the partner box later on in the form. If not, don’t worry; you can find one on the day.
Like last year, you can now choose whether you would like a ticket to the festival or not. For details on who’s headlining, visit http://goldcoastoceanfest.co.uk/. These cost an extra £46.80 and can be picked up from me directly (see address in contact section) on the Friday evening, should you wish to enter the arena on the Friday.
So to sum this up, tickets cost the following:
Saturday & Sunday competition entry AND festival entry: £71.80 (this is the early bird fee plus the usual entry fee for the event)Deadline passed.
- Saturday and Sunday competition entry only: £25. 00
- Sunday player entry only: £14.00
Before you start the entry form though, we must stress a few things that we bang on about every year, which are really important:
- The entry form is designed to help us seed you. If you turn up on the weekend, and are unhappy with your seeding, then generally you have only got yourself to blame. We do our best, spending hours on the seeding process, but you have to do your part, too. Please try to fill in the form in as much detail as possible, to help us to try to stop you guys being unhappy with your seeding, and make our lives a lot easier!
- We’ve had online entry running for a few years now, so we hope it should run smoothly. If anything does go wrong when you are entering, let us know. Then we can fix it! We would also love any feedback you’ve got from last year’s event. The two things we can’t change are the weather and toilets!
- You can withdraw your entry up to 21 days before the event with a refund, less admin fee of £7. After that, we can’t guarantee anything!
- Finally, for last minute updates and more information close to the time, please join the facebook group, via this link: King and Queen of the Beach on Facebook
So that’s that! To begin to fill the entry form out, please click here to enter. We look forward to seeing you at Croyde!
Denise Austin and the K&Q event team
Still not sure how it works? Check out the FAQ over here.